Monday, June 10, 2013

A Newbies Guide to Nook HD and HD+ (Minute Help Guides)

A Newbies Guide to Nook HD and HD+
Minute Help Guides
CreateSpace
Nonfiction, Technology
**** (Good)


DESCRIPTION: More than just an eBook reader, Barnes & Noble's powerful Nook HD rivals more expensive tablet options. Learn to use the powerful Nook HD and HD+ tablets with this simple guide.

REVIEW: Having recently purchased a Nook tablet, this looked like a great way to become acquainted with its many bewildering options. I also couldn't resist the irony of learning about a Barnes & Noble device with a Kindle eBook. A fast read, it's less intimidating than the official User Guide included on the Nook device. With simple explanations and pictures, it leads newcomers through setting up and exploring their new tablet. Unfortunately, the pictures were small and hard to read on my Kindle; doubtless they were better in the paperback edition. I had also hoped for a few more explanations, such as whether or not antivirus or anti-malware software is a necessity. Still, it helped me become better acquainted with my shiny new toy. The rest, I suppose I'll learn as I go, as usual with computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment