Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Dragon Machine (Helen Ward)

The Dragon Machine
Helen Ward, illustrations by Wayne Anderson
Puffin
Fiction, YA Picture Book
****+ (Good/Great)


DESCRIPTION: Young George starts seeing dragons everwhere. They're small and overlooked - just like he is. But they're also in danger; bad things happen when people notice dragons. He must lead them to a far-away sanctuary, a wilderness where nobody will find them... but how?

REVIEW: What can I say? It was a slow day at work. This is an imaginative adventure, enhanced by Anderson's signature illustrations. George has to choose between keeping his new best friends and doing what's right for them. As a dragon lover, I enjoyed it.

You Might Also Enjoy:
Dragon (Jody Bergsma) - My Review
Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher (Bruce Coville) - My Review
Dragons - Truth, Myth and Legend (David Passes) - My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment