Sunday, September 2, 2012

Ruin Your Life Now (Dicklaus Pansy)

Ruin Your Life Now
Dicklaus Pansy
Amazon Digital Services
Fiction, Humor
*** (Okay)


DESCRIPTION: The world is full of options if you want help improving your life... but who are you kidding? You're a loser, and you always will be one. But, as much as you've messed up your life already, you can still make it worse. Learn how to use the Laws of Attraction to bring utter ruination to yourself, your loved ones, and anyone dumb enough to cross paths with you.
A Kindle-exclusive title.

REVIEW: A self-help parody, this could've been a hilarious send-up of affirmation-based life improvement programs. Unfortunately, it reads like a rough draft rather than a finished piece, with many glaring errors and unintentional repetitions. The lists of negative affirmations also went on too long, with the few funny gems lost in the flood of mediocre mush. (But, then, I suppose I shouldn't have expected too much with the oh-so-crudely-clever author's pseudonym.) I've read worse parodies, but it had enough glimmers of potential to make me wish it had been better.

You Might Also Enjoy:
How to Sell a Gazillion eBooks in No Time (Russell Blake) - My Review
Ten Things to Remember When: Committing Murder (Michelle Lord) - My Review
Create Your Own Conspiracy Theory (Charles Senescall) - My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment