Thursday, June 1, 2017

Me and My Dragon (David Biedrzycky)

Me and My Dragon
David Biedrzycki
Charlesbridge
Fiction, YA Picture Book
**** (Good)


DESCRIPTION: A boy wants a special pet - not a dog, not a goldfish, but a fire-breathing dragon.

REVIEW: Another quick read during some down time at work, Me and My Dragon is a simple, fun exploration of pet ownership with a draconic twist. The boy talks about the best size for a pet dragon (not too big, so it can fit in the house) and other points of care, not to mention the benefits of a fire-breathing pet... particularly when one has to deal with bullies. The illustrations are simple but amusing and bright. As someone who would've loved a pet dragon growing up, I can recommend this book to any kid who dreams of a special pet, or any grown-up who used to be that kid.

You Might Also Enjoy:
Dragon (Jody Bergsma) - My Review
The Egg (M. P. Robertson) - My Review
How to Raise and Keep a Dragon (John Topsell) - My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment