Wednesday, October 5, 2016

This Book Is Not About Dragons (Shelley Moore Thomas)

This Book Is Not About Dragons
Shelley Moore Thomas, illustrations by Fred Koehler
Boyds Mill Press
Fiction, YA Picture Book
**** (Good)



DESCRIPTION: If you're looking for dragons, look elsewhere. As the mouse narrator points out, there are no dragons here - not in the woods, not behind the cabin, not behind the scorched... um... oh, my...

REVIEW: I read this during some down time at work. A fun little premise with simple, imaginative illustrations, it also acts as a reminder to fact-check your sources, even seemingly reliable narrators in picture books, and perhaps a poke at the futility of denial in the face of facts. Or, at least, the face of dragons.

You Might Also Enjoy:
The Boy Who Cried Ninja (Alex Latimer) - My Review
Do Not Open This Book (Michaela Muntean) - My Review
There Are No Cats In This Book (Viviane Schwarz) - My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment