Friday, January 17, 2014

Shark vs. Train (Chris Barton)

Shark vs. Train
Chris Barton, illustrations by Tom Lichtenheld
Little, Brown Books
Fiction, YA Picture Book
**** (Good)


DESCRIPTION: Two kids pit their toys - a shark and a train - against each other. Racing, swimming, marshmallow roasting... who comes out ahead?

REVIEW: A fast read, it has a clever sense of humor that should amuse parents as well as kids. Each toy has its strong suits, but there are some things neither one can do well; their attempt at a classical concert, for instance, ends disastrously. It kept me amused during down time at work, which was all I asked of it.

You Might Also Enjoy:
Old MacDonald Had a Dragon (Ken Baker) - My Review
Children Make Terrible Pets (Peter Brown) - My Review
Once Upon a Cool Motorcycle Dude (Kevin O'Malley) - My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment