Monday, August 13, 2012

Secrets to Writing Your First eBook and Getting It Online (Haphiza Baboolal)

Secrets to Writing Your First eBook and Getting It Online
Haphiza Baboolal
Amazon Digital Services
Nonfiction, Business/Writing
**+ (Bad/Okay)


DESCRIPTION: These days, it seems like everyone has an eBook available on Amazon, covering all manner of subjects, from the frivolous to the serious. Do you have something to add? The author explains how to choose a topic, conduct research, format, and upload an eBook using free tools found online.
A Kindle-exclusive title.

REVIEW: I'm a little torn on my rating. Granted, this is not an in-depth book on writing, or on marketing. At only 11 pages, it outlines the bare bones of e-publishing simple self-help titles, and nothing more. However, in all honesty, this is all Baboolal promises. He explains the process simply enough, though I can't help suspecting that there's a little more to it than what he describes here. If nothing else, with slapdash how-to eBooks flooding the virtual shelves, standing out among the pack isn't nearly as easy as the brief marketing section here indicates. There are also several editing and syntax errors, though not nearly so many (or so glaring) as other titles I've read.
Even though I'm not fond of the "crank out a Google-researched advice book, rake in the income" mentality that eBooks like this perpetuate, I cannot fault it for being what it is. That, and that alone, spared it a flat Bad rating.

You Might Also Enjoy:
The Moonlighter's Guide to Online Writing for Immediate Income (Connie Brentford) - My Review
Write a F*$%ing Book Already (Jim Kukral) - My Review
Profit from the eBook Revolution (Bob Perry) - My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment