Friday, May 25, 2012

Never Let Your Cat Make Lunch for You (Lee Harris)

Never let Your Cat Make Lunch for You
Lee Harris, illustrations by Debbie Tilley
Tricycle Press
Fiction, YA Picture Book
**** (Good)


DESCRIPTION: While Pebbles the cat excels at preparing a healthy breakfast (save the odd cat hair), she just can't be trusted with some meals... as her young owner learns the hard way.

REVIEW: Another while-things-were-slow-at-work read, I found myself smiling at this one. The scribbly images capture the tale's whimsical feel, as the girl narrator explains her cat's culinary flaws with the air of a loving but slightly exasperated parent. A light, fun read, especially for cat-lovers.

You Might Also Enjoy:
Heart of a Tiger (Marsha Diane Arnold) - My Review
Cat Hiss-Tory: A Feline Tour Through the Ages (Bill Bell) - My Review
Comet's Nine Lives (Jan Brett) - My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment