Sunday, September 29, 2024

Main Site Work in Progress (Domain Up!)

For all nobody who cares, I'm doing some behind-the-scenes stuff on my main Brightdreamer Books site (namely, attempting to switch domain hosts), so there may be some Issues over the next few hours (days?) while that gets sorted out.

This blog will not be affected, just the site and domain.

I'll update this post if/when it's all sorted. Meanwhile, apologies for any interruptions...

--

UPDATE (Sunday, September 29, 4:10 PM) - Brightdreamer.com is currently down pending site transfer, which will occur when I can get hold of tech support to figure out why I cannot seem to get my FTP transfer program to connect to Dreamhost using the numbers they're telling me to use.

This may not be resolved today (Sunday.)

--

UPDATE (Sunday, September 29, 7:42 PM) - Still mostly down. Manually transferred a few files but ran into issues trying to do the whole thing manually. So I finally asked for help. Odds are good this will not be resolved until later on Monday. So much for the "it's so easy!" instructions on the site...

--

UPDATE (Monday, September 30, 3:30 PM) - And still having troubles, though progress has been made insofar as it's a different error I'm getting on my FTP program. Second round of support ticket requests for help is winging its way through the ether. I'm still hopeful I can make this new host work, but if it's still no-go by Friday I'll be forced to look elsewhere for hosting options.

--

UPDATE (Monday, September 30, 4:56 PM) - Kudos to the DreamHost team for helping me out; the site has officially been switched over and updated, with the month's new reviews archived and cross-linked on the main Brightdreamer Books site.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment