Friday, June 21, 2019

What Do You Do With a Chance? (Kobi Yamada)

What Do You Do With a Chance?
Kobi Yamada, illustrations by Mae Besom
Compendium Inc
Fiction, CH Picture Book
**** (Good)


DESCRIPTION: When a little golden chance approaches a boy, he fears it, and it flies away. What is he to do when another chance happens by?

REVIEW: Like the other two titles in this series (What Do You Do With an Idea? and What Do You Do With a Problem?), this picture book visualizes a mental process and life lesson with imaginative illustrations. Also like the previous two, it follows a now-familiar formula, and thus feels somewhat predictable. Decent for what it is, though by now I know the drill and am a little less enthralled, plus I found the illustrations a trifle less absorbing than before.

You Might Also Enjoy:
Journey (Aaron Becker) - My Review
You've Got Dragons (Kathryn Cave) - My Review
What Do You Do With an Idea? (Kobi Yamada) - My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment