Saturday, June 23, 2018

Site Update In Progress - Completed!


At long, long (, long) last, I am about to update the book review archive site.

Links to the archive site (the "You Might Also Enjoy" stuff - not counting direct Amazon links for DVDs and such) will inaccessible while that happens, and will not be back up again until I hand-edit - starting with recent reviews and going back as time allows. This was an unavoidable result of the updating process, as I changed how I organized my reviews. (Each author now gets their own page, instead of all similar last names having to share one page.)

Things will be coming down in about half an hour (by 9:30 AM Pacific time.) I will post updates here when the new site is running... fingers crossed that it is running. (There's always that one thing or ten you don't see...)

Those so inclined, please wish me luck. It may not look like it when it's done, but it was a major undertaking by my standards.

Off for some last-minute checks.

UPDATE: As of 10:27 AM, the site has officially been updated. Links seem to be checking out. I will attempt to start fixing broken "You Might Also Enjoy" links ASAP.

Thank you for your patience

UPDATE 2: I am going over the site slowly checking for broken links - not many, but any broken link is one too many for me. With about 1000 pages, it's going to take at least the rest of the weekend. But the majority of the site is functional, and I've fixed blog links from current posts back to the tail end of April. (Will be fixing those as time allows; it's not a priority at the moment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment