Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Write, Writing, Written (Jay Anthony)

Write, Writing, Written
Jay Anthony
Amazon Digital Services
Nonfiction, Writing
**+ (Bad/Okay)


DESCRIPTION: A quick guide to writing and editing.
A Kindle-exclusive title.

REVIEW: Yes, that's a brief description, but this title didn't feel much longer. It also felt like information I've read elsewhere - information that occasionally seemed to contradict itself, making me wonder how much of this writing advice Anthony actually practices and how much was just copy-and-pasted in from other sources. I also found it hard to take a writing guide with several subtle yet annoying grammar errors and outright wrong words seriously, especially when it tries to tell me the importance of stringent editing and reviewing to avoid grammar errors and outright wrong words. But it was free to download, and if you've never read any writing advice elsewhere it may help. It got the extra half-star because, while I couldn't recommend it enough for even a flat Okay rating, I didn't sense the outright intent to deceive and shortcut the writing process for profit that I've noted in a few other so-called "writing guides" on Kindle.

You Might Also Enjoy:
Write That Book Already! (Sam Barry and Kathy Kamen Goldmark) - My Review
You Are A Writer (So Start Acting Like One) (Jeff Goins) - My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment