Friday, June 20, 2014

This Is a Moose (Richard T. Morris)

This Is a Moose
Richard T. Morris, illustrations by Tom Lichtenheld
Little, Brown Books
Fiction, YA Picture Book
**** (Good)


DESCRIPTION: A director wants to make a nature documentary about a moose, but the animals are very uncooperative.

REVIEW: Another quick read during down time at work, I found it amusing. The moose would much rather go to space as an astronaut than stand around in ponds eating plants like he's supposed to... and that's just the start of the trouble. It has a little bit about film making on the side, with a quick glossary at the end, though mostly it's a story of shrugging off stereotypes. (I'll admit that part of my enjoyment stemmed from memories of the Rifftrax-enhanced short nature film The Tale of Moose Baby, free on Hulu.)

You Might Also Enjoy:
Children Make Terrible Pets (Peter Brown) - My Review
The Knight and the Dragon (Tomie DePaola) - My Review
Carnivores (Aaron Reynolds) - My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment