Friday, May 25, 2012

Children Make Terrible Pets (Lee Brown)

Children Make Terrible Pets
Peter Brown
Little, Brown Books
Fiction, YA Picture Book
**** (Good)


DESCRIPTION: Lucy the bear finds the cutest thing in the woods: a human boy. Though her mother warns her that they make terrible pets, Lucy just can't let little Squeak go!

REVIEW: We had more down time at work today; I read this while waiting for things to start back up again. A fun little book, it confirms what many a parent likely already knows. Lucy has to learn the hard way that just because something's cute doesn't mean it's meant to be a house pet. The illustrations are simple and fun, matching the story perfectly.

You Might Also Enjoy:
Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher (Bruce Coville) - My Review
The Dragonling series (Jackie French Koller) - My Review
The Dragon That Ate Summer (Rebecca Seabrooke) - My Review
You're Finally Here! (Mélanie Watt) - My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment