Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Write As Fast As You Think (Angie Dixon)

Write As Fast As You Think
Angie Dixon
Amazon Digital Services
Nonfiction, Writing
**** (Good)


DESCRIPTION: To any writer, time is money. The more you can write in a month, a week, or even a day, the greater your potential income. So doesn't it make sense to write as quickly as possible? Angie Dixon, a prolific writer of both books and articles, describes her MindWriting (TM) system that allows her to maximize quantity and quality - not to mention profitability.
A Kindle-exclusive title.

REVIEW: As a would-be fiction writer, I've read a small library's worth of books on writing. While each promises a fresh take on the matter, most of them boil down to the same advice, redressed and repackaged. Dixon's writing system, while aimed at nonfiction freelancers, actually presents a different work flow. She targets those areas where writers tend to bog themselves down and lose their way, offering credible solutions to keep on track and increase output. Dixon makes some assumptions that I'm not sure real-world experience bears out; the idea that every mind retains copious amounts of information on first blush, for instance, presupposes a level of reading comprehension and retention that not everyone has developed. I also wondered why, in an ebook format, she didn't hotlink her worksheets for each chapter rather than piling them all at the end of the book. Overall, her system is intriguing. Once I finish the current draft of my latest fiction monstrosity, I might give it a try.

You Might Also Enjoy:
No Plot? No Problem! (Chris Baty) - My Review
The Moonlighter's Guide to Online Writing for Immediate Income (Connie Brentford) - My Review
Write a F*$%ing Book Already (Jim Kukral) - My Review
Words to Write By (Elaine L. Orr) - My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment