Wednesday, January 4, 2017

I Am A Story (Dan Yaccarino)

I Am A Story
Dan Yaccarino
HarperCollins
Fiction, YA Picture Book
****+ (Good/Great)


DESCRIPTION: From the earliest fireside gatherings to the digital age, stories have accompanied humans around the world. Follow a story's journey through time.

REVIEW: I saw this at work, and decided it needed to be my first review of 2017, given the challenges facing my country and the world this year. Author and artist Yaccarino tells a simple story of a profound concept, one that challenges and comforts, threatens and reassures, but ultimately is a deeply intrinsic part of our humanity. Even when people try to kill them, stories find a way to endure and thrive. A quick read, with bright illustrations and an ultimately uplifting message... one that even grown-ups need to hear sometimes, when we're at work surrounded by stories and ideas that others likely find threatening and will do their level best to silence as they gain the power.

You Might Also Enjoy:
How This Book Was Made (Mac Barnett) - My Review
The Book of Story Beginnings (Kristin Kladstrup) - My Review
What Do You Do With an Idea? (Kobi Yamata) - My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment